Planning & Design
10 Thousand Friends
- Friends works with citizens, organizations and public officials to create land use, infrastructure and governance policies and practices that protect our resources and strengthen our economy.
American Planning Association – PA Chapter
Community Design Center of Pittsburgh
- a non-profit organization that improves quality of life through good design of the built environment.
PA Downtown Center
- Statewide nonprofit dedicated solely to the revitalization of the commonwealth's 'core' communities.
- This database website is a resource for communities (their professional planners, public agencies, and concerned citizens) to identify tools and processes for better community design and decision-making.
- A public-interest information exchange for the urban planning, design, and development community. It is a one-stop source for urban planning news, commentary, interviews, event coverage, book reviews, announcements, jobs, consultant listings, training, and more.
Project for Public Places
- a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people create and sustain public places that build communities.
Historic & Cultural
Historic Preservation Tax Incentives
Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation
PA Historical & Museum Commission
Allegheny County Economic Development
Allegheny Together Program
Mon Valley Initiative
Pittsburgh Regional Alliance
Southwestern PA Commission
Allegheny County Housing Authority
Allegheny County Housing Division
McKeesport Housing Authority
Pittsburgh Housing Authority
US Housing & Urban Development
Parks, Open Space, and Greenways
Allegheny County Parks Master Plan 2001
Allegheny Land Trust
Chartiers Nature Conservancy
Erie to Pittsburgh Trail Alliance
Friends of the Riverfront
Fox Chapel Area Land Trust
Hollow Oak Land Trust
PA Land Trust Association
Pine Creek Land Conservation Trust
Pittsburgh to Harrisburg Mainline Canal Greenway
Rachel Carson Trails Conservancy
The Conservation Fund
The Great Allegheny Passage
The Montour Trail
The Scott Conservancy
Turtle Creek Greenway Plan – The TCGP area encompasses approximately 6 miles of the Turtle Creek stream valley beginning at Duff Park in the Municipality of Murrysville, continuing through Penn Township and the Municipality of Monroeville, and ending in Trafford Borough. The completed plan outlines strategies to establish and preserve the Turtle Creek Greenway as a natural and recreational area. The Plan was spearheaded by the Regional Trail Corporation with the hope of eventually extending the
Westmoreland Heritage Trail
through the Greenway. To download chapters of the Turtle Creek Greenway Plan, please click below:
Cover_Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Background
Chapter 2 – Inventory
Chapter 2 – Maps
Chapter 3 – Landowners
Chapter 3 – Tables_Maps
Chapter 4 – Implementation
Map 4.1 – Implementation Map
Allegheny County Conservation District
PA Association for Sustainable Agriculture
Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences
Penn State Cooperative Extension
Allegheny County Agricultural Land Preservation Program
Abandoned Mine Drainage
National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs
DEP Office of Oil & Gas Management
Center for Transit Oriented Development
Port Authority Bus Rapid Transit
Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
West Busway Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Assessment and Plan
Montour Run Watershed Assn.
Nine Mile Run Watershed Assn.
PA DEP Stormwater Management Page
PA Environmental Council, Southwest Region
Pennsylvania Outdoor Lighting Council
Peters Creek Watershed Assn.
Raccoon Creek Watershed Assn.
Regional Water Management Task Force (University of Pittsburgh)
Streets Run Watershed Assn.
Three Rivers Wet Weather Demonstration Program
Turtle Creek Watershed Assn.
Western PA Conservancy
Green Building Alliance
Our Favorite Places
Legal Disclaimer & Terms
Report a Technical Problem
Select photography by Kevin Smay